FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
- Who can enter?
- Why should I enter?
- How do I enter?
- How is it judged?
- When are finalists announced?
- How confidential is the judging process?
- When will I find out if I have won?
- How can I attend the UK Angel Investment Awards?
- Who organises the UK Angel Investment Awards?
1. Who can enter?
- The UK Angel Investment Awards are open to high growth companies that have received early stage finance, as well as angel investors and groups, early stage venture capital and crowdfunding platforms.
- Nominations on behalf of portfolio companies are encouraged from investment groups. Both the nominator and nominee are referenced in the Award PR.
- You can enter as many categories as relevant to maximise your chances of winning
2. Why should I enter?
A two stage judging process supported by a judging panel of industry leaders and an independent panel adds credibility and prestige to recognition through the UK Angel Investment Awards. Entrants are offered an opportunity to participate in a coordinated PR campaign across industry, business and national media.
3. How do I enter?
To enter the UK Angel Investment Awards simply select the award category(ies) most relevant to your achievements and complete the online form. There is no fee to be considered for an Award.
4. How is it judged?
There is a two stage judging process for the UK Angel Investment Awards based on the entry form. An initial shortlist of all entries submitted by the deadline will identify finalists in each award category. Finalist entries will automatically go forward to a second round where a panel of judges for each award will score each entry. Scores from each panel judge will be collated to determine the overall winner. In the event of a tie, a winner will be determined by consensus - and a special mention will be made for the runner-up.
5. When are finalists announced?
Finalists will be announced on Wednesday 22nd June. All finalists are given a finalist logo and a press release to publish on their website and distribute to their media channels and customer / partner networks to optimise their recognition.
6. How confidential is the judging process?
Information supplied in the entry form is completely confidential and will not be published or shared with third parties.
8. When will I find out if I have won?
All winners will be revealed at the Angel Investment Awards Gala Dinner on the evening of 5th July at the Royal Exchange in London. Each winner will be presented with a trophy in front of their peers on the night. Winners will also receive a winner logo for their award category and press release including a judge’s comment and photo from the ceremony on the 6th July to publish on their website and distribute to their media channels and customer / partner networks.
9. How can I attend the UK Angel Investment Awards Dinner 2016?
Tickets for the UK Angel Investment Awards Dinner are on sale now. All finalists will be offered discounted tickets to attend. Finalists are not obliged to take a table at the awards dinner, but it does provide an opportunity to celebrate achievements with the team, investors, partners and influential guests from the risk capital industry. The event begins with a welcome drinks reception, followed by a three course dinner with coffee and petit fours, unlimited wine and soft drinks. All finalists are encouraged to attend to ensure a representative is available for the trophy presentation plus photo, film and PR opportunities on the night.
10. Who organises the UK Angel Investment Awards?
Now in its 11th year, the UK Angel Investment Awards are organised by UK Business Angels Association (UKBAA) - the UK trade body for Angel and early stage investment. Representing over 18,000 angels across the UK, we engage and connect our membership base of angel groups, VC, crowdfunds and investment advisers through a year-long programme of events, industry news as well as provide core industry data and policy reports. The UKBAA also set standards and qualifications for angel investing in the UK, through a 3-tier investor accreditation programme validated by OfQUAL, CISI and SFEDI.